• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Express?

85Rusty

Reaction score
Have any of you ever heard of or seen this conversion in person before pr even done it?! I've never heard of it until a few minutes ago when I was doing random google image search! I did some online reading that says its a custom LRE conversion. Any other details would be appreciated

image-2708807127.jpg

Yah they had them from around 90 to 92 . They had a 5.2 mag motor and you could get 391's in the rear . They were faster then cheby's 454 truck of those years ( but then again what wasn't faster lol ) . The stacks were fake , had the wood on the side's like the 78/79 lil reds as well as the decals . I'm still kicking my self that I didn't have the money when I found a mint and complete one in a junk yard a few years ago and I couldn't grab it . I could of got it for 600 bucks ! I didn't know if it ran or not but for $600 bucks , come on ! And the killer was that it hadn't been touched yet and everything was there .

I "have" , Every time I think about it . lol But I just didn't have the cash at the time .

Isn't that allways the way though . When you have the money and your look'in for something you can't find it for a good price or you can't find it at all but if you don't have any money you find all the good stuff that you'd want or wanted but can't buy it .

Isn't that allways the way though . When you have the money and your look'in for something you can't find it for a good price or you can't find it at all but if you don't have any money you find all the good stuff that you'd want or wanted but can't buy it .

Pretty much. The think I don't like about the express is how much higher the bed is than the cab

I remember seeing one of these in the Wal-Mart parking lot one evening about 10 or 12 years ago. It was kind of like that one. The cab was the same as that one, but it had a different style box ( styled side short box not stepside). It didn't have stacks, but instead had a cab spoiler or whatever those things were called. Nice truck though.

I remember seeing one of these in the Wal-Mart parking lot one evening about 10 or 12 years ago. It was kind of like that one. The cab was the same as that one, but it had a different style box ( styled side short box not stepside). It didn't have stacks, but instead had a cab spoiler or whatever those things were called. Nice truck though.

That sounds interesting at the very least! Wish you had a photo

Sorry, no photo. I wish that I would have had my camera with me too. :sad:
I know it was a conversion though because I remember seeing another one in a magazine or online somewhere. Apparently, they built a limited number of them during the early '90's.
I just got finished looking for a pic of one online, but couldn't find one.

Sorry, no photo. I wish that I would have had my camera with me too. :sad:
I know it was a conversion though because I remember seeing another one in a magazine or online somewhere. Apparently, they built a limited number of them during the early '90's.
I just got finished looking for a pic of one online, but couldn't find one.

Right. It was a dealer specific deal from what I've gathered so far

I found one on Dodge Forum while searching Google the Dodge Dakota Express 1987-1992, one an 89 with a 3.9ltr V6

89 Dakota Express like old lil red #3.jpg

89 Dakota Express LE like old lil red #2 v6 3.9ltr.jpg

There was another Mopar Express 1988 advert./article for the new 89 model year...

89 Dakota Mopar Express Advert. #1.jpg

89 Dakota Mopar Express Advert. #2.jpg

Hi,
Google This (1990 Little Red Dakota Express)

I have a 1987 Dakota Express 4 X 4 it is the White one that comes up on the search.
Check out Dakota history thread on this forum.
Mike:)

Hi,
Google This (1990 Little Red Dakota Express)

I have a 1987 Dakota Express 4 X 4 it is the White one that comes up on the search.
Check out Dakota history thread on this forum.
Mike:)

Very cool old Dakota Express 4x4

looks a lil odd w/ that bed on it .... or its just me ( probably just me )

Back