• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Exhaust replacement for 72 D200

ivorycruncher

Reaction score
I've got a 72 D200 farm pickup that needs a new exhaust system. Thinking about upgrading to dual exhaust (stock 400 is being rebuilt at the moment, will stay with stock 2-bbl and log manifolds), but a Y-pipe would probably be okay too, as long as it's decently formed so as to not cause heat issues, like the replacement Y that's on there now.

I've been searching online, but nobody seems to stock full exhaust systems for these vintage trucks. Sad, but can't say I'm surprised. Pre-Ram trucks don't seem to get much respect. Anyway, am I stuck getting a custom exhaust system built from scratch, or is there somebody out there that has OEM replacements, or perhaps a decent dual pipe upgrade kit?

Your right , they don't make crap for factory replacement exhaust for pre 93 Dodge truck's . And your's being a big block truck it's even less . So basicly you've only got a couple of option's . One - Have an exhaust shop make you a single or a duell exhaust . Two - Try to make it your self ( if your up to that project ) . Three - By a duell kit . As for number three ? The only place that I know of that you can get the kit for is summit . I know someone that bought the kit for his 79 Warlock from them but he has'nt finshed installing it yet so I can't say how good it is . While were on the subject of single verses duell , I would run a duell every time and definitly on a big block . But thats just my two cent's .

Use your Y & merge it into a 3" & use a stock 3 or 4 gen muffler like this one off my CrewCab

SAM_3664.jpg

Back