• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Door Trim Removal

Aussie Challenger

Reaction score
Can somebody tell me how to remove the interior door trim please. I have removed the screw from the arm rest, the bolt from the door handle and the allen key screw from the window winder handle. It appears to be stuck on and not like the sedans which have clips but I don't want to damage the trim.
It is a '79 Little Red Express Truck and hasn't been off before by the looks of it.
Thanks in advance.

If you have all the screws out & the window handle with the door handle then just pop it off it has spring clips on it

My trim doesn't appear to have been off before and as I have pulled back slightly on the trim I have seen the holes in the door where the clips would normally go. There appears to be a strong bead of a glue substance about 1/2" thick and that is why I decided to ask before I maybe did some damage. Door trims are not available here in Australia so I am being very careful.

Hopefully its that grey stuff thats pretty good at absorbing vibrations and isn't real glue... you'll need a wide long flat scraper and just go at it like a spatula. If its glue you'll probably be doing damage to the door panel to get it off.

My trim doesn't appear to have been off before and as I have pulled back slightly on the trim I have seen the holes in the door where the clips would normally go. There appears to be a strong bead of a glue substance about 1/2" thick and that is why I decided to ask before I maybe did some damage. Door trims are not available here in Australia so I am being very careful.

Thanks for all the info, removed the door trim today, I was just tooo careful as it has never been off. It had the spring clips which I thought it should have had but were un-stretched from never being taken off before. I miss placed the keys and had to take out the door barrel to get a new set cut, I will lube everything before re-assembly, surprising how much easier the window goes up & down with a little graphite grease in the mechanism. Blowing out the door catch as well and lubing.

Back