• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Door rattles

7mopar

Reaction score
2006 F250 extended cab. Drivers side door rattles on the door catch. I have tried adjusting the catch, with what little adjustment there is. The door closes hard. Passenger side is just fine. I can push out on the door and all is quite. One air noise at all.

Strange Ford has never figured out door adjustments or am I missing something.

This rattle will eventually drive me crazier than I am. I have been putting up with it since January.

Strange enough the only fix that could be found on y-tube was to wrap tape around the catch.
Can not be doing that every day.

Does the door hinge have bushings that can be replaced? Is the door hanging down in the back? The fact that the passenger door doesn't do it, points to a worn hinge. Those bushings wear, the door hangs, and closes hard, as described. I haven't looked for a Ford, but that's my first thought.

Door hinges are ok. This is an extended cab with the rear suicide rear door that contains the latch the front door. The rattle is in the latch mechanism some where. I have not determined if its the rear door or the front. I did notice today it does occur with it running and parked which will help in pin pointing it. Two doors, three latches and one medical statoscope should not be to hard to find.

Broke down and did the temporary electrical tap wrap of the rear lower hinge. At lest if it stops temporarily I will know what it fix or replace.

Sorry I cannot be of help here....2006 is a bit modern for me....I could help if you had a dirty old '60's Dodge maybe... :)

Back