• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Diesel guys: trans fluid in your diesel tank

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I have never done it. However. I have a buddy and several Diesel guys I work with say they dump a quart of ATF in their tank with every fill up. I read online also. Seems it's about 50/50. Some say do it , some say no way???

Well....a very good friend of mine ran a 4-cyl diesel-powered Toyota Corolla S/W on used transmission fluid for several years.
Absolutely no issues, no loss of power, easy starting, smooth running. Being a mechanic, he had access to all the tranny fluid he needed......just have to run it through a sieve or filter sock first to keep contaminants out.

Saved a heap of money by not having to buy diesel.

I have heard guy's do it, I have never. I recommend to all my customers with diesels to use a treatment like Power Service white or silver bottle, Stanadyne or some other treatment. You need something to add lubricity to help the injectors live longer

Same here. I use the Power Service in both the white and silver bottles. My Brother in law just gave me a clear bottle of some other additive that they were just going to throw away at his work (Advanced Auto). Since it was the last one.

Walmart brand two stroke oil, what they mix with the gas. I buy by it the gallon, a quart every fillup. It’s DESIGNED to keep the carb-reeds-combustion chamber clean on chainsaws. Works great on common rail diesel injectors

Back