• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

D100

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m new to the site. I have a question about my 1977 dodge do you 100 With a 318 And wanting to put a cam in it but not stock any suggestions? Thanks.

Hey guys, I’m new to the site. I have a question about my 1977 dodge do you 100 With a 318 And wanting to put a cam in it but not stock any suggestions? Thanks.
I'll start by moving this post to the correct section here.

Whatever cam you choose, use break in oil and lots of lube on the cam. Flat tappet cam lobes can go flat fast

Close to what I was gonna say, find a Melling SPD25, that IS a stock replacement 360&2bbl cam, I've used a couple of them on 318s, noticeable improvement.
Almost dead nuts IDENTICAL to a COMP 252 only difference is 0.015" less lift. But duration, overlap etc is identical between this cam and the comp version. And 1/3 of the price.
I'd trust Melling over comp any day for metal content in their cam.
I have found a few on ebay, think I paid around $75 for the most recent one, brand New.
I've heard some suggest the Melling spd22 which I believe was the 360-4bbl stock replacement cam, which was supposed to be the same as the 340 cam. I haven't used one of those before though.

Back