• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

d-2500

moparmarkk

Reaction score
hi,i have a 99 2500 diesel,lift pump went out,changed it out,have fuel to the injectors,bled them,truck will not start.what am i missing?anybody had this problem?mark

hi,i have a 99 2500 diesel,lift pump went out,changed it out,have fuel to the injectors,bled them,truck will not start.what am i missing?anybody had this problem?mark

I'm not too keen when it comes to diesels, but did you check to see if the filter is primed?
Just the first though that came to me

Oh never mind. You already said you have fuel at the injectors... :Banghead:

Last edited:
I had a similar problem once where the engine would crank over but not fire. All I did was crack open number 1,3,4 injector lines and crank over till fuel squirts out and tighten the lines back up and it fired up then.

Go to Geno's garage they are the dodge diesel site that has a FAQ page and diy's for both 12 valve and 24 valve cummins,i used them for my 12 valve. I would love to help but the fuel system on 24 valves is different than 12 valves [low pressure 12 val. versis high pressure 24 val.].On my 12 valve after changing the lift pump i primed/filled the filter bowl thru the bleeder on top of the houseing fire it up [takes a couple of tries] let it run till she smoothes out. Try this site http://www.genosgarage.com/GenosGarageTechArticles/TDR56_DodgeFuelTransferPump.pdf

I keep thinking there still air in the injector lines. Maybe the fuel you saw coming out of the injectors was still left over fuel from the injector pump and your lift pump just didn't get the fresh fuel to the injector pump or injectors yet. I would keep the 1,3,4 lines off still and keep cranking until the truck wants to start.

You can also try looking at cumminsforums.com and maybe find your problem there or ask a question. That's what I did to solve my issue.

Back