• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Chevy 1994 V6 to V8 swap

FlaminFox

Reaction score
Howdy,

I have a 1994 Chevy Truck, 2WD, with 4.3 Vortec V6 Motor. I am pulling the V6 out, and putting a V8, 5.7, 350, motor in.

I just need to know if I can use the same Harness, and just change the computer, or will I have to re-chip it.

All information is appreciated.

I have done this, the truck was a 4x4 but the same thing. What year 5.7? The truck I did was a 88 and the customer supplied a complete 88 305 he got from some one that pulled it from their project truck. The engine mounts are different between the V6 to V8, I put in a larger radiator and shrouds.
The same harness was used, I believe I had to lengthen the knock sensor wire. I used the same computer but changed the prom to a V8 prom. The V8 uses larger injectors than the V6. Check the flexplate to see if it's different between the V6 and V8.

Howdy once again,

ive been posting on forums trying to help my dad with his engine swap, so far every response we've gotten has been very helpful along the way, he asks me to go and post for more help again. the mounts were probably the biggest hurdle he had putting in the V8

"Good Day folks, I am attempting to fix my 1994 Chevy Truck 2 Wheel Drive - 350 motor - 4l60E Transmission . I want to switch out the TPI System for a carburetor and Regular Intake setup , What Fuel Issues will I run in to as well as Electrical as far as Distributor?

Answers are appreciated Thanks"

Back