• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Bow hunting

747mopar

Reaction score
Anybody on here into bow hunting? I got into it 5 years ago and won't gun hunt anymore..... to many idiots out there! I keep it simple, knife, bow, hang on stand and cheap cammo is all I need unless it's rut which I may take a few calls as well. Good thinking time but usually all I think about is how much I'd be getting done if I were in the garage haha... whataya gonna do?

I've been slacking this year but will be in the woods before daylight Sat morning with my trusty Bear bow loaded with Grim Reapers.

I never got into Archery..... BUT I used to hunt with riffle. -Has been awhile, till family talked me into "selling out" as they were afraid something happen to be on the country side where they didn't know where I was, without a cell phone, (I refused to take one) I have to say here, I'm Diabetic, so, they worried. BUT this was a time when the "cell phone" was as big as a guns banana clip too..... I have since gotten married, and I do still go fishing so thats my big out doors sport. Which I do enjoy, as much as hunting.

I used to love it and it added another hunting period here in PA. I cannot anymore due to health reasons but I still have my solocam!

I've only made it out twice this year so far and only to watch squirrels and turkeys!!! Gonna try to get out allot more before gun season comes and ruins everything so crossing my fingers.

Anyone Flintlock? Just got into it when I could last hunt, Interesting with the delay.

Haha, can't say I'd ever welcome a delay or the dreaded damp powder misfire! I do have a muzzleloader but rarely use it because I tend to fill my freezer with the bow before gun season comes in...... better get on the ball or I'll be using it this year.

Another day gone.... I got in the tree before daylight and saw 7 deer, 2 in shooting range but to dark, 3 out of range and then a buck chasing a doe which they were moving to fast. Back in the tree tomorrow for another stab at it.

Back