• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Big Block Swap

wayneswirld2

Reaction score
It's time....I have a 1965 D200 Crew Cab Utiline with a slant 6 and 4 speed. We're going to use the truck to haul our 1965 Valiant nostalgia drag car around to events and decided that the little slant 6 is not gonna cut the mustard for that job. Just picked up a 413 and 727 for little of nothing.

Anyone ever do the slant 6 to big block swap? Any grremlins I should look for? Where to get the motor mounts, and I'm curious about the trans cross member as well.

Pointers, ideas, and opinions are much appreciated.

Wayne
Austin, TX IMG300.jpg

IMG300.jpg

I just called Schumacher and was told that I'd need to change the motor mount PERCHES to 66-71 perches in order to use their kit. I'm fairly sure I've seen this done without changing the perches, but will do more research on it. Thanks for the input!

Wayne

I just called Schumacher and was told that I'd need to change the motor mount PERCHES to 66-71 perches in order to use their kit. I'm fairly sure I've seen this done without changing the perches, but will do more research on it. Thanks for the input!

Wayne
No problem...I guess they were friendly and knowledgable...

Back