• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Band adjustment on my 96 Dakota

toolmanmike

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a 2-3 shift flare on my 96 Dakota 2 wd./3.9. I adjusted the TV cable and got the early shifts @ light throttle handled. What's the proper specs for adjusting the bands? Thanks, Mike

Yea! I fixed it! I bought a used Haynes manual from e bay last week. I adjusted the TV cable properly and no more early shifts and no more 2-3 shift flare. Works like new. I got sidetracked from some misinformation from a tranny guy that doesn't know much about Mopars! I was adjusting it like a GM. Shame on me. LOL

toolmanmike what was it you did to the TV cable adjustment to get the proper shifting ?? I'm just curious

Shut the engine off and disconnect the transmission cable from the throttle body plate ball stud. Push the button on the cable mounting to release the cable. Snap it onto the ball stud and release the button. That's it! The cable is adjusted at the idle position and not at wide open throttle like the GM tranny's are. tmm

thanks, I didn't know that.. you learn something new everyday

Back