• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

adjustable tailgate

tailgate

Reaction score
man I've been wondering why I haven't seen an adjustable tailgate come out. One that would let your tailgate stay in a few positions between open and closed. Maybe like a bracket system that someone could put on as an aftermarket part. I've got a dirt bike, and every time I load it up, I have to strap the tailgate up with something like a ratchet strap, or a bungee cord. so that whatever else I have in there doesn't go rolling out the back. has anyone heard of such a thing, or am I dreaming?

Last edited:
man I've been wondering why I haven't seen an adjustable tailgate come out. One that would let your tailgate stay in a few positions between open and closed. Maybe like a bracket system that someone could put on as an aftermarket part. I've got a dirt bike, and every time I load it up, I have to strap the tailgate up with something like a ratchet strap, or a bungee cord. so that whatever else I have in there doesn't go rolling out the back. has anyone heard of such a thing, or am I dreaming?

I could see it being somewhat handy, but so could a 2x6 board. That's what I've always used

Yeah I agree there are multiple solutions to this problem. It would be nice though to have something there already.

Yeah I agree there are multiple solutions to this problem. It would be nice though to have something there already.

Sure. Leave the 2x6 in the truck? Lol I agree, it would be nice in certain situations. For someone in your position, it would be used all the time. Myself however, would only use it once every few years.

The previous generation Colorado/Canyon had exactly this, a 2-position tailgate that held the top of the tailgate at the same level as the wheel houses in the bed, allowing 4'x8' materials to lay flat. The setup used a 2nd set of end clips on the support cables along with a 2nd pair of attachment posts. I suppose it wouldn't take much to either pull parts from a junkyard or build your own.
2004-Chevy-Colorado-Exterior-Image-04-800.jpg

Back