• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

A sentimental goodbye to the last Ford Ranger

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
last-ford-ranger-628.jpg

It's been more than five months since the Twin Cities Assembly Plant in St. Paul, Minnesota went dark. The facility produced Ford vehicles for nearly 100 years before finally being closed as part of ongoing restructuring. The closure coincided with the production of the very last North American Ford Ranger.

As you may recall, that machine is currently in service with Orkin. The website HappyWrenching.com has worked up a video commemorating the plant's final days in operation, and the clip gives us all a look into the atmosphere surrounding the pickup as it rolled off of the assembly line.

Well shot and with plenty of sentimental music, the video gives us yet another reason to miss the old Ranger. Check out the clip for yourself. Bring a hankie.

[video=youtube;E9vMQ2hVBgE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9vMQ2hVBgE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Source: AUTOBlog

last-ford-ranger-628.jpg

That's a sad thing. I personally know a lot of people that used to work there. That plant employed a lot of people. Thanks for posting the video Joey.

Its strange to me that the American auto makers wound up pricing there small trucks so high that it was cheaper to quit building them because people would just buy a full sized truck instead. I guess Toyota and Nissan are going to enjoy this

Sad to say the least, I have seen these great little trucks driven by mail carriers and government workers to all the farmers here in Arkansas.. I don't know how good the newer Rangers are but I do know the ranger has been the go to truck for many folks and seemed to be a giant for a small truck.
The 4 banger ranger still has a good resale... our motto has been No danger in a ranger!! Tuff and reliable for many miles.. I hope the workers are taken care of and get relocated.. Sad news for sure.

Back