• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

A seat question this time

bikinkawboy

Reaction score
As expected, the cheap custom vinyl seat in the '77 I'm fixing up is in really bad shape. Rather than spend good money on a new seat cover and still have an uncomfortable seat that hurts my back on a long run, are there any more comfortable contoured vinyl or cloth seats one could find at a salvage yard (from any brand of car or truck) that would fit the cab decently? I'd prefer either a bench seat or the newer type passenger & middle passenger combo on the right hand side rather than two buckets like found in a minivan that will leave a big void in middle.

Thanks, John

I would think that you could retrofit a 94-newer bench seat with console with fairly minor mods.

Most full size trucks are going to be about the same width, so I'd suggest hitting up your local wrecking yard or used car lot to test them out. It wouldn't hurt to take a tape measure to double check. We can't recommend very well what will be comfortable for you...my stock 60's bench seat is the most comfortable to me.

Also look at how there mounted to the floor . The 94 / 01 Ram reg cabs have a big step so you would have to space up the gap but the ext cabs would mount flat .

Back