• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

96 Ram manual shifter ball thread count ?

tallhair

Mod-Hair-ator
Staff member
Reaction score
I want to buy a new shift knob for my 96 Ram 5 speed manual. Thinking of white or black with shift pattern. My truck is white with grey interior, so maybe black with white lettering would look best. Any suggestions?

What thread count do I need? Assume fine threads.

Much appreciated guys,

Bryan

I’d love to see what you guys have, even original.

My knob is looking worse for wear.

I’m surprised no one has ever changed one or think the question worth responding to other than that.

Does everyone here have thread gauges?

I’m surprised no one has ever changed one or think the question worth responding to other than that.

Does everyone here have thread gauges?
I have one (make that had - the last time I looked for it, it stayed in deep hiding), and the local parts house didn't have one for me to buy........ still haven't replaced it either, I'm hoping it gets tired of hiding before I want it again.

Haha. Guess I’ll go search for one. Probably should have one anyway. Maybe my Dad had one is his stash. Will look first, after I look to see what they look like.

Here's one.
1612720225539.png

You will need a metric set. That at least I could find that online. They listed a whole group of sizes of knob threads. Good like on what would appear to be a simple thing.

Back