• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

92 Dodge CTD, 786,000 miles and still going strong.

Dodgetkboy78

Reaction score
Image0442.jpg

Image0512.jpg

Has lots of mods, tranny mods, engine mods, it's a pretty cool truck.

I have a 93 version of that truck i bought new in Jan 94 that only has 62,000 miles on it.

Congrats. I work for a heavy duty truck dealer and have been selling Cummins parts for 20+ years. That engine is a really good engine. I'm surprised the truck hasn't fell apart around it. I do not see the new engines getting that many miles on them with all the emission items they are putting on them now.

i have a 93 clubcab LWB 3/4 ton 5-speed and 3.54 gears. except for being uncorked,a K&N filter,and just the basic mods,she is stock,and at 490,XXX miles, still going strong.

Yep, 4x the diesel compared to any others...

Don't think the truck hasn't fell apart...... The doors have been replaced twice, hood hinges, seats, dashes, the firewall cracked around the tranny hump, LOL. I have done more body maintenance than engine maintenance....... The A arm bushings have been replaced twice too, now THATS unheard of, eh?

Dude! That makes me want to keep my CrewCab & convert it over! even more now

I wish I had your luck. As much as I like my Gen 1 cummins, I had to do a head gasket 150K and fix an o-ring in my injection pump @ 186K. All in all fairly minor I guess. I have replaced the door hinges once and all the door weatherstripping to limit rattles. but my body seems to holding up a little better. I don't tow as heavy as you do based on your pic and I generally stay on asphalt and off ungraded county roads. Rebuilt the front end recently for the first time. Can't complain and getting 18+ mpg beats the 6+ I was getting with my 440 gasser engine. DSCN0730.jpg

DSCN0730.jpg

Back