• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

'89 Dodge D150 from slant to sb

Dodgestrike

Reaction score
I found this truck that had been in the same place since 1996 and shows only 86k KM, Mex d150 means 6cil 1/2 ton while d250 means 8cil 1/2 ton so this is a slant6 manual trans another difference from US trucks is the CLARK T-190 4spd manual and ofcourse Dana44 rear end.

lafoto999.jpg

lafoto5.jpg

lafoto999999.jpg

dodge2251.jpg

The original plan was just getting it into driving conditions with the slant but found a huge hole on the block side so I looked for another slant but I have some sb "laying arround" so I thought I will just swap a sb with the 4 speed.

So I went to the jy to find the parts I needed to bot the v8 to the 4spd
clutch&flywheel

dodgeclutch.jpg

bell housing
a6.jpg

hoyo.jpg

here you can take a closer look to the "little" hole
headers1.jpg

cleaned the truck up and new tires 295/50r15 on the back and 205 something on the front on the stock wheels.

dodge.jpg

I really wanted a slant 6 truck for fuel mileage but you know the v8 is more fun so...
a4.jpg

a7.jpg

now I just need to fill the space

motores5.jpg

the donor its a 77 macho pw , we went offroading ond this mud , rocks and pretty much everything that came across. so its really dirty but runs great, the pw is getting a bigblock so the 360 was available

motorespw2.jpg

motorespw.jpg

Its stock except for the performer intake

The truck came with a hid clutch setup and the bell housing I found was not for it and I couln't find a bellhousing for the aplication I needed on the local JY so there goes the 4spd plan.

diab1.jpg

updated interior shot

interior.jpg

trans cooler it also has a small fan.

enfriador.jpg

and the 360 finally mounted on the truck

motor-puesto.jpg

since I was awaiting for the shifter to arrive the truck went to a friends show to be lowered.mounted the spings under the axle and the front coil got a cut ( it went too far and the truck sitted really low on the front)

low2.jpg

low1.jpg

low.jpg

autozone2.jpg

this is how the engine bay looks right now the engine its still dirty I really tried to clean it up but without a pressure washer it was impossible.

motor1.jpg

I'm now going to pressure wash it , remove all the wiring it doesn't need along with the heater.

Thats coming along nicely . Personaly I think you'll be alot happier with the 360 and if you build it right the gas milage should'nt be to bad .

Good job bringing an old truck back to life. I like the two tone paint. That slant sure had one big hole in it.:smile:

Wow!! My first time to see this thread Dodgestrike :first:

I see you are moving forward and your MoPar and it's on the road:welcome:

great find. I wish I could find one near me. Need parts for my 75 Power Wagon.
I wish I had his ol /6 header's, I wonder what he is /or dun with them, and I hope you find the parts you are needing Hemipar.

thanks , I sold the header because I had no use for it and it helped in the $ to get some parts for the v8 :lol:. it was stock equipment on these trucks.

I'm having a hard time fitting the subwoofer because of the bench seat I may change it for some bucket seats.

Dodgestrike, look for a ramcharger. they have the buckets with the fold down arm rest. maybe that would work out better. Thats what me plan is for my PW when the time comes.

Well Mike. Wife tells me I better finish the Swinger first. Then she might let me do little for the parts the PW needs.

Dodgestrike, look for a ramcharger. they have the buckets with the fold down arm rest. maybe that would work out better. Thats what me plan is for my PW when the time comes.

That was the original plan but now I'm thinking in some lightweight buckets since the goal with the truck is to build it to be street-strip.

Back