• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

88 D100 electrical issues

Old blue

Reaction score
I have no rear running lights. I have brake and turn signals and reverse. I tried a head light switch. No go. I have power at the switch and at the fuse. Tested the fuse under aload. All good. Not getting power to that back for that wire. I suck at electrical.

The truck is garage kept and only 88000 on it. The rear harness had been dicked with but I cleaned it all up and that is not the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciate

20160520_193743.jpg

This is the only pic I have on my 'puter, but near top left is a connector that feeds lights to the rear, the connector is supposed to be near the left wheelhouse (underhood).
1591483514134.png

Hazard, brake and turns run threw the turn signal switch. At least you know that portion is ok.

Yup. The connector just deteriorated. I soldered it. Good to go. Thanks for all the help.
Cool beans. Actually the first one I've seen where the issue is so easily found and you can reach it from above as a bonus. (I usually end up on my back digging wires from between the frame and fuel tank or equally fun spot.) Good work.

Back