• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

86 heater/AC hook up connection

86D100

Reaction score
I have any 86 Dodge D100 with a slant six that i believe to have ac originally (someone replaced the motor with a 76 model) and i am trying to convert it back to ac (VA summer/fall is brutal sometimes). I was looking in my factory service repair manual (86 dodge truck repair manual) and couldnt find any wiring diagram in it that matches what the current set up is for this ac/heater. The heater box appears to be just that (a heater) with a separate ac evap unit. The manual only shows a heater box with the ac/heater as one box. The factory cut out in the fire wall for the ac hook up looks to be original and so does the separate evap unit (there are no duct connections going into the separate heater box).
I cant figure out what that relay is behind the dash vents (nothing in the manual about it), along with the blue box and the white one attached to the dash itself (see pics with red circles) i know the one to the far right of it is the blower motor resistor.
Also in the one pic there are 3 wires coming from the ac blower motor that were just cut and not going anywhere along with that big tail you see dangling. Does anyone have a pic or diagram how that is connected? Additionally i cant say i ever seen that ac/heater control unit in the pic and when i search for it nothing comes up?

22.jpg

44.jpg

11.jpg

55.jpg

66.jpg

77.jpg

88.jpg

3333.jpg

Last edited:
additional pictures

Attachments

• 00.jpg