• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

83 Ram Multi Function Switch

Paintrader

Reaction score
I need to find a signal switch unit with cruise control to replace the broken one on the tilt column of my 1983 Ram. The switch I have appears to have broken at the base inside the column so I would have to assume the mounting braket is broken too. Worst case scenario I guess I would need to replace the entire column. Anyone have these parts?

It's probaly one of two thing's . There's one little screw that hold's the arm onto the switch it's self . That might have backed off . Or you need the switch it's self . But eather way you should'nt have to change the whole column . I'd pull the steering wheel and take a look .

I assume the sigal arm is'nt just hanging there and it's still in the column and just realy loose ?

In fact the signal arm is hanging, the previous owner damaged it somehow and signaled by sticking his finger into the base of the switch inside the column. I agree I should take it apart before I pull the whole column. I'm hoping the part I need is something I can find at a wrecker.

Back