• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

78 CCLB with 91 intercooled CUMMINS, FAST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fistymopar

Reaction score
Contact seller
I built this truck in 07 by myself with the intention of of have 2 killer rides. But my loss is your gain. This is a 78 D200 that was optioned for the international diesel pig, but got the 440, I yanked it out and put in a military truck 1991 NI 12v Cummins with the bullet proof 3 speed. Truck runs like a champ look terrible at a glance, needs paint- 99% body work is done(only had a few dings before). 99% rust free, bed is immaculate.
Motor had 29k on it when I got it now has 32k on it. I tweeked out the fuel, starwheel, timing, fuel pin, lever, rolls some coal, very responsive. destroys 33-12.5 tires with a car on the trailer- not that I have done that.
tilt/telescopic column and leather seats out of 78 New Yorker. 2 red top ops, has boost, egt, hr-meter, trans temp, engine temp, fuel, volt, oil pressure, all new when I built it in late 07. 5 inch slashed stack, roll bar chromoly front bumper with supports, rear bumper welded on with extra supports, additional frame supports i put in too, just a tank really. sound proofed whole cab w/ dynamat, holley blue pump, trailer brakes, iit has factory intercooler, twin Flex-o-lite fans and the list goes on and on.
the only thing to be adressed, the rear wheel seal has been replaced before, but it still leaks(bad housing?) and the brakes get wet after so many miles. has 410s I got 17.5 mpg with a 70 Challenger on the trailer on a 1500 mile trip. needs a newer ford spicer with 354 and rear discs swapped in and a paint job and she'll turn heads every time you go out, she does that now.

Needs to go, I cant stand seeing her sit there every time I come home not being worked, it kills me. I would drive her to Seattle right now with out a worry. (except the price of diesel)
LINK HERE
http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm213/fistymopar/Projects and For Sale/78 Dodge Cummins FOR SALE/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back