• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

WANTED 77 or 78+ ? Factory TQ 4 Barrel 318 Intake Manifold with small intake ports

66fs

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for a factory Thermo-Quad cast iron intake manifold with 318 ports. I already have intakes with the larger 340/360 intake ports. Price shipped to 29649. Thanks FTO.

I have an SP2P Edelbrock intake. It was a popular intake in the late 70's-early 80's for those with 318's looking to reduce weight and retain egr and small ports. Also have a carb adapter. Look up SP2P on here or Moparts for some good discussion on them.
If small ports is what your after this is a good intake. Not sure if the iron was a requirement. Let me knw if you're interested.

Thanks for the offer, but I am looking for an OEM cast iron small port TQ intake.

Obviously, I may be wrong here.... But to my knowledge there wasn't one. All of the 318 4bbl engines I've seen disassembled that had the TQ Intake used in conjunction with 360 heads. I have a 88 version that is original and it's the same.

Bruce

Hello Bruce,
I am usually on A bodies. We had a discussion on these intake manifolds and a couple old timers said they remembered some but they had only seen them on trucks and vans. Maybe memories are not as sharp as we would like to think. But I'd love to get one if one was available.
Thanks,
Dan

Dan
If these Unicorns are real, then I'm in the market with you! Another option would be a Dual Port Offenhauser from the same period. I know those existed, but can't find one anywhere...

Bruce

Back