• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

7.3 powerstroke intermittent skip

7.3 powerstroke

Reaction score
Ok I’m not sure if I’m writing in the right place or not. But I have a 7.3 powerstroke with and intermittent skip. I’ve been chasing this issue for months and got nowhere. I am to the point of getting rid of the truck but I would really like to figure it out. I’ve checked fuel pressure it never drops below 40 at wot. I did valve cover harnesses (dorman) not sure if that could still be an issue because it’s not ford. I did ipr,pcm,idm,added grounds,monitored with a snap on scanner 3000psi oil pressure wot,9 percent icp duty at idle. Connector isn’t rubbing on the valve cover. No oil in the fuel bowl. Was told the injectors were stage two but I have no proff. Could an injector be intermittent? I have zero codes. Tank screens are clean. Skips even with a full tank of fuel. One minute it run flawlessly and the next second it will sputter for a quick second and go back to normal and other times it will skip hard for a long time and sound like a backfire. And can’t go past 30 mph. I am so fed up with it but I would love to figure it out. Any help would be greatly apreachiated thanks.

Back