• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

'57 D200 Newbie

Powerflite

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the site. I have 1 truck that I am trying to make more useable. It is a '57 D200 dually flatbed. I rebuilt the bed using Malaysian hardwood with 1/8 steel plate over 3/4" birch hardwood sheets to make it last. I also put tie down straps all around and on the inside to make it more useful. It has the stock 315 poly motor with a 4 speed, 4.10 gears and manual steering of course. It was an old fire truck that was used near Grass Valley in Northern CA.

small Truck Front.jpg

small Truck Back.jpg

small Truck Bed.JPG

I am building a 354 hemi marine motor to go into it that I plan make look like a 354 power giant setup. I also have a divorced gear vendor overdrive ready to go behind the stock 4-speed. I would really like to convert it to power steering and I found a cab-over Isuzu truck steering box that looks like it might have the right geometry to make a conversion work out. Front disc brakes would be nice too, but I really want to keep the stock 6-lug wheels so I'm not sure what that will require to make it work.

small Truck Front.jpg

small Truck Back.jpg

small Truck Bed.JPG

Last edited:
I'd like to see some up dates to !

That is going to be one sick ratrod style of truck when you get that engine in there! Yea updates for sure!

I'd like to see some up dates to !

Yeah, so would I :) Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I bought a '57 Chrysler Windsor 2dr coupe and it has been taking all of my time and priority so no progress on the truck at all. It has been collecting scrap metal in the back from all of my projects (axles, trannys, motors etc.) and that is about all that has happened with it. My new car desperately needs a windshield before the rains come.

57 Windsor As-Is.jpg

57 Windsor As-Is.jpg

Cool ride ! What are your plans for this bad boy ? I'm picturing either all black or gunmetal for a color and most definitely a warmed up big block under the hood .

Back