• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

3500 wheel change Dually to 4

Bob Cain

Reaction score
I have 1997 3500 Dually i want to remove the bud wheels,fenders and other related stuff to a non dually any one done this or know what is involved ?

p_00185.jpg

Your dually bed looks really nice. Maybe you should either sell it or maybe trade someone who may be looking for a dually bed.
I have a friend that has a Dodge Ram 2500 that want's to change his bed on his truck to a dually and I gave him my fenders off an old dually bed of mine before I cut it up for scrap. It may be easier to add the fenders than to take them off as you will have bolt holes from the fender mounts to fill in,the opening on the bed is cut slightly larger as well.

Your dually bed looks really nice. Maybe you should either sell it or maybe trade someone who may be looking for a dually bed.
I have a friend that has a Dodge Ram 2500 that want's to change his bed on his truck to a dually and I gave him my fenders off an old dually bed of mine before I cut it up for scrap. It may be easier to add the fenders than to take them off as you will have bolt holes from the fender mounts to fill in,the opening on the bed is cut slightly larger as well.
Yeah i looked it over it also has a large hole for the filler hoses so i am going to leave it alone unless i run into someone that wants to trade bed and all thank you for your reply and info you have a great day
Bob

Why do you want to go to a single rear wheel? before going too all that hassle sell or trade the dually for the single wheel style (JMO) BTW the bed sides are different!The dually does not have the wheel opening like the reg.beds do!

Last edited:
I decided to keep it the way it is i put a camper on it and am using my 81 D150 to do my pick up stuff Thanks for the advise people
BC

Back