• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

2011 Ram 2500 shifter adjustment

bagman68

Reaction score
I picked up my new truck last week from the dealership and within a couple of days was sure that the column gear shift lever was out of adjustment. For example: When in "D" (dirve) and attempting to shift to "N" (neutral), I had to pull the shift lever toward me as if going to "R" (reverse) to get it in neutral. Then, once in neutral, I could push slightly on the shift lever toward reverse and it would engage reverse.

I took it back to the dealer who had his shop foreman check it once the Service Manager verified and agreed it was a problem. About 5 minutes later however, the shop forman came back with, "Nothing wrong with it, there is no adjustment, it's by design". I was pissed :mad:.

Took the truck straight home, put it on the lift and found the adjustment at the transmission end of the shifter cable .... pic attached .... notice the pen pointing to a plastic c-clip. You simply unlock the c-clip which releases the cable from the cable end, slide the cable to the desired position and push the c-clip back in place .... just in case anyone else here runs into the same problem.

shift cable 002.jpg

Back