• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

2000 Dodge Ram 360 engine fuel rail crossover tube replacement

multimopes

Reaction score
My neighbor called me just before I left for work. He has a 2000 Dodge 4x4 as do I. He said the crossover tube connecting the fuel rails behind the engine is plastic and cracked on his truck and spewed gas all over the place. He says that the dealers don't list a replacement nor does the aftermarket. Could he use a piece of high pressure rubber fuel line to fix the issue or is there something else out there to fix this? I will check my truck tomorrow in the daylight and if it is indeed plastic, I'd want to replace mine before I run into the same problem on the road somewhere! Any help would be deeply appreciated. Nothing shows on you tube!

I don't see why you couldn't use a high pressure rubber fuel line. Not sure if there is anything out there to fix it

Thanks Joe,
I only had about 15 seconds to pop my hood to peak at mine. Not sure of anything but I do have a FSM for a 99 and they must be pretty much the same. I will end up helping him out and use the experience to mess with mine when the weather is a little better.

What kind of retainers are on the lines? Fuel injection line can be bought by the foot. Attaching it can be a problem.

I'm not sure. Mine looked like rubber but had no clamps or anything visible at the ends. Maybe it is hard plastic.?

Just seen some for sale on Ebay you may want to checkout. Would post this on the ramforum but almost all the 2nd gen guys that were on their when I find the site are on a Facebook group now

I already did a search for this over there and came up with nothing. Maybe this is a New Jersey only problem ,LOL! I am at work right now and they block us completely from ebay. If they have anything I won't see it until I get home after midnight or tomorrow.

It makes me worry cause I've been very lucky with my 99. Dapepper 9 is the go to man on that forum for 2nd gen info but he isn't on there much anymore.

Just seen some for sale on Ebay you may want to checkout. Would post this on the ramforum but almost all the 2nd gen guys that were on their when I find the site are on a Facebook group now
Thats were they went. Not many of us here have 2nd gen trucks. Dodge and Ram failed to build enough of what I needed when the 1st gen dakota died. Was forced to buy a different brand to get what I wanted.

It's sad when you can't find parts. Yeah most of the guys started a 2nd gen Facebook group but I don't do Facebook lol. That one young kid did a Hemi swap in is 98 ram 1500. Alot of knowledge left that site. Would be nice to see those guys on this site one day.

That is sad. I did check the 2nd gen engine forum over there and on the first page was a guy with a fuel problem that nobody answered so I gave my 2 cents. I mentioned that very thing, that most folks have newer trucks and I also noted that dapepper is one of few people helping out the us remaining stragglers! I don't do facebook either!!!

Last edited:
Yeah he is a young guy in the Airforce and I know that limits his time on the site. I know my dad has struggled thru the years being a mopar man with parts

As Mopar affectionados, we have always been snubbed by the aftermarket and even publications like consumer reports. I called those bozos way back when and countered several of their negative Mopar ratings. I shut them up as they had no defense for the arguments I presented. It proved to me beyond a shadow of a doubt they are very partial and most likely owned by foreign entities. I know from experience that we are always the underdog and my vehicles have outlasted most of any other brand while being beat to hell all the time I've owned them.

I agree man all my life I've heard shit for being a mopar man. But my mopars have outlasted my friends Fords and chevys my entire life lol.

That includes foreign vehicles as well. It's not that I don't like competitors stuff because I do. All I know is that I am not "Comfortable" driving other vehicles and because of that would never own one. I realized, early on, my own limitations, and as a result, I know my limited knowledge base and I only have room (or interest) in my brain for a limited amount of data. Ever since my first car, a 65 Dodge Dart coupe, which passed 300,000 miles while I abused the hell out of it all the time, I have had these feelings. I don't trust anything else and that trust has never been left me and I will never falter in my convictions. I am a happy camper!

Back