• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1990 Extended Cab

RTom

Reaction score
I've got a 90 Extended Cab 3/4 ton long bed with an interior that is in really nice shape. However, looks like I'll be needing a babyseat soon and don't know how comfortable I am having it on the jump seats (sitting sidewaysin relation to the direction of travel of the truck doesn't like it would be a wise set up ). Putting a baby seat in the front passenger seat wouldn't work either.

My question is this, has anyone swapped in the back seat out of a dakota of 2nd gen ram? It would definitely solve my problem of where to put the baby seat.

I was also told that an extended cab long bed and a quad cab short bed were the same wheel base, would that be a difficult swap?

Thanks guys!

I was also told that an extended cab long bed and a quad cab short bed were the same wheel base, would that be a difficult swap?

Sounds about right I seem to remember that was the reasoning when the quad cabs came out why they all had shorter beds. But the second gen quad cabs have a completely different frame than the first gen extended cabs. If the wheel base is the same not sure if the mount points for the cab and bed would be.

Back