• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1977 W200/M880 steering issue

Brockhotmail.com

Reaction score
Good Afternoon . I have a 1977 Dodge M880 3/4 ton pickup 318 Auto trans. 4WD . It has manual steering and I would like to convert to power steering for ease of driving. I obtained a complete power steering setup ( box , pump and all brackets and hardware from a 1979 Dodge W200. The gentleman who is doing the work has informed me that the power steering box I purchased from the 1979 W200 turns in the wrong direction. ( When steering wheel is turned to right , wheels turn to left and vice versa ) Any help / advice / parts for this issue would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks so much , Brock

Really? I was sure that all the reverse rotation gears went away years before that. From what I remember all the reverse rotation gears were mounted to a bracket not directly to the frame. If you mount a bracket style directly to the frame it won't turn right, get the bracket and all should be well with the world again?

Back