• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1969 Ford F-100

gpmattocks

Reaction score
I just purchased a F-100 pickup from my brother. I was may father's work truck for many years. He passed away in 1985. My brother purchased the truck in the 90's and about 8 years ago, he put it out to pasture. It's been setting in his backyard since. I decided to purchase it form him and restore it as close to new as I can. I'm looking for pointers from people that have already been down this road so I don't waste my time doing something wrong. I first plan to make it road worthy and then start working on the body next. I thinking I will add some custom items but I'm not sure that would be the right thing to do. Should I leave it as close to original as possible or beef it up a little? Any thohgts out there?

Welcome aboard, that's neat that you have your dads truck to restore. I'd put it as close to original as I could, but wouldn't be afraid to add a few things to leave my mark on it. Or marks on the pavment!:car:

I would stay original with the body. You don't want to put a realistic body on there it just wouldn't be right.. But I would sup up the performance and maybe put a lift kit with off road tires.. But don't touch the body.

Back