• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1969 F100 wiring diagram

thinman666

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to a wiring diagram for a 1969 F100, two wheel drive, standard transmission and six cylinder 240ci.?
I’ve searched the internet for hours over the past three days and what I find does not completely match my truck. Mine is the original wiring.
I’m trouble shooting the brake lights.
I sure would be thankful for anyone’s help.

Russell

Can't help with the wiring diagrams....but can you tell us more about the brake light problems you are having?

Things to check on any vehicle normally are...
  • Grounds at the light fittings
  • Corrosion at the lamp holders
  • Any places there might be chaffing of the wiring along the route
  • Turn signal switch - typically the power goes through here on the way to the lights
  • Brake pedal switch
  • Correct fitting of lamps.....it is possible to inadvertently put a dual filament lamp in the wrong way on these vehicles.
Let us know, and I'm sure we can solve the mystery for you.

1625080455570.png

Thanks kiwigtx. I’ve narrowed it down to no power at the brake switch, which is mechanical. One diagram shows power comes from the hot side of the hazard flasher but another one shows power from the hazard switch. If it’s from the flasher I would just supply the brake switch from the fuse block but if it powers from the hazard switch I’m a little hesitant to do it that way.

Thanks kiwigtx. I’ve narrowed it down to no power at the brake switch, which is mechanical. One diagram shows power comes from the hot side of the hazard flasher but another one shows power from the hazard switch. If it’s from the flasher I would just supply the brake switch from the fuse block but if it powers from the hazard switch I’m a little hesitant to do it that way.
The power must go through the turn signal switch on the column....due to the brake and turn signals sharing the same 'filament' on the lamp out the back.

If you can get power going through the brake switch - it's either a dead switch, or out of adjustment - then you will be getting closer to the problem.

Now all I have to do is figure out which of the seven turn signal switch wires is supposed to carry power. Without a diagram that’s a big task.

1625091879420.png

1625091900018.png

Left hand turn signal - rear - green + orange stripe
Right hand turn signal - rear - orange + blue strip

Turn signals and brake light same wire.

Please verify.....one ping only ;)

'Stop lamp switch' - brake pedal switch - feed from fuse = green
supply to turn signal switch - green + black stripe

I'm sorry but I cannot read the diagrams, they are too small and if I enlarge them they are too blurry to make out.

"Please verify.....one ping only" (What do you mean by this?)
https://www.fortrucksonly.com/truckforum/posts/44397/react?reaction_id=1

"'Stop lamp switch' - brake pedal switch - feed from fuse = green
supply to turn signal switch - green + black stripe" (forgive me but I don't follow this...my wife says I'm a little thick headed.)

"'Stop lamp switch' - brake pedal switch - feed from fuse = green
supply to turn signal switch - green + black stripe" (forgive me but I don't follow this...my wife says I'm a little thick headed.)
The colours of the wires should be as I described - if not true, then I suspect the diagrams shown are not correct.

Ooooh sorry, I didn’t see the movie but my curiosity is up.
Thanks for taking the time to help me out, I can probably make it with this info you have provided.
By the way….. ping!

Back