• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1957 dodge d200 vin

Davemarais

Reaction score
Just bought a 57 B200, does anyone here know where to find the VIN on the truck. It is from out of state and Ct. Does a VIN verification with the title. I didn't see it on the dash or door post. Thanks...Dave

On my 42 there was a tag on the passenger door frame on the hinge side. Also it is stamped into the frame in front of the drivers side front tire. I also have literature that shows there is supposed to be one on the drivers side of the cowl but for what ever reason my truck never had anything there. I realize 42 and 57 years are completely different trucks but maybe we can get lucky and the info is still valid for a 57.

Vin

looked all over the door frames, both sides and can"t see any vin tag or plate. On the frame is it on the side or top of the rail? How far from the very front of the rail end? There is a mount for a bumper guard that covers the rail side for the forwards most 4 inches, maybe it is under that? I'm scraping off the undercoat and paint but nothing yet. Thanks for the help...Dave

Well on my 42 is just forward of the tire basically. Doing some quick google searches though for your year it maybe over the tire more or even slightly behind the top of center of the tire would be. There are a few guys on here with that vintage of truck might be worth waiting till one of them chime in.

Davemarais;5940[I said:
On the frame is it on the side or top of the rail? How far from the very front of the rail end? [/I]

Its on the side of the frame.

Found the VIN, on the drivers side about 5 inches back from the bumper. There are 2 small holes on the cowl right where the plate was supposed to be but it's long gone. Did a search of the VIN and everything checks out right, now let's see if DMV will accept the VIN with out a title??? Thanks for the help, I' m sure I will have more questions as I get into the truck more....Dave

I know the guy who had my truck before me had to do something similar. If I recall what he told me was after he had figured out the vin the state was able to do a vin lookup and see if it was registered anywhere. After they determined it hadn't been registered in years they were able to issue a new title for it. Don't expect this process to be fast I think it took like 10 weeks or something like that for them to figure it out.

Actually, the '57 Dodge truck used a PAPER VIN that they put in the glove box. It never had a VIN on the cowl or anywhere on the body. Fortunately, they at least put it on the front driver's frame where you found it. Only problem is if you want to modify the front section of the frame, you could end up with a truck without a VIN so be aware of that.

Back