• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD 1947 Dodge 1ton with Herman delivery van body

Status
Not open for further replies.

85crewcabbie

Reaction score
Contact seller
1947 Dodge 1 ton, single rear wheel, Herman bodied delivery truck. This truck has had the brake and fuel systems gone thru. Has four (4) new tires with less than a 100 mi. on them and a new 6V battery. The general condition of the body is quite good for it's age. One back door and one right side cab window are missing but it's flat glass that can be easily cut and purchased to fit. Fenders are very solid with no rust thru anywhere. Fenders have been removed for inspection, minor body work, primed and reinstalled. Wood floor inside box is solid with no observable rot. No obvious rot on body that I can see. One pic of surface rust where I wire wheeled it is included so you can see that the surface rust will clean up with typical sanding/blasting. Truck has clean Arizona title. This truck starts easy, runs and drives. Would still need a few minor things to be considered daily driver material. While this truck will go down the highway at 60 mph, I would not take the chance on driving it home farther than a couple hundred miles or so. I'm willing to deliver for $1 dollar a mile in continental US. Any additional questions feel free to call me, Dave, at 480-540-8784. Please do not call before 6AM or after 8PM PST. Asking $6500 or best reasonable offer. My price was based on research but I never did find another one of these for direct comparison. So if interested, but you consider the price to be unreasonable, call me and let's talk as I'm more interested in selling than getting a specific price.

DSCN0409.JPG

DSCN0410.JPG

DSCN0412.JPG

DSCN0416.JPG

DSCN0417.JPG

DSCN0413.JPG

DSCN0414.JPG

DSCN0415.JPG

Last edited:
This item was listed on Ebay in the hopes of having an honest sale with interested buyers so that I could see where the "market" values this vehicle. With literally no other one out there that has sold to base a realistic sales (not asking) price on I had hoped that Ebay and the community of honest bidders would set the price. Sadly someone, likely from this forum who saw my posted price here, bumped the bid up in a reckless and malicious fashion to the reserve and then did not pay. So to Barrington Robinson of Fort Washington MD (likely a fraudulent ID) do the decent thing and don't bid if you don't intend to buy. Or if interested call and negotiate like a man instead of an internet troll and stay out of my next listing.

Last edited:
Sadly someone, likely from this forum who saw my posted price here, bumped the bid up in a reckless and malicious fashion to the reserve and then did not pay.
This part I'm not so sure of. Maybe, but most of us wouldn't bid on something we don't want. Just saying.

I agree LocuMob. This is the only place I put a price on it, the other two places only had for sale or trade. I certainly don't mean to imply that the actions of one bad actor means all who are on here are also bad. I know from personal experience that's not the case.

@dodgefred - uniqueness can make setting a price, at which it will sell, very difficult. As a car guy nothing makes me cringe more than hearing a seller tell me they would not dream of selling their field car/truck for something reasonable because they saw one on Barret Jackson or Mecham for $300,000.00. I enjoy the hobby and knew this was going to be a tough sell when I bought it. I'd like to earn some profit to cover my time and parts expenditures, can easily tolerate breaking even, but like most was hoping not to lose my backside on it. Worst case I'll have a sign painter put my shop name on it and chase parts around town in it. It definitely gets attention and starts people talking!

Thanks for your comments.

Sold for full stated price delivered to Freight forwarder in Los Angeles harbor area. What a relief. Bought by Australian who saw it in front of shop while vacationing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back