• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

16" wheel interchange?

bikinkawboy

Reaction score
When I get my truck up and going, I'd really rather have 16" wheels and run something like a 245X75X16 or 265X70X16 rather than something like a 31"X10X15. In Missouri mud, taller more narrow tires seem to do better than short fat ones. Are there any stock 16" light truck wheels that have the 5X5 bolt pattern on my 77 half ton? Thanks!

No 5X5 pattern on a Mopar but you should have 5X4 1/2 & a factory 16' truck wheel won't clear the calipers in the front as they were designed for drum brakes on a 56-71 Dodge trucks

Try wheels off a 4 wheel drive mini van with V6. They have the 5x4 1/5 bolt pattern and can be found in 16". Has anybody tried them to verify the fit.

No 5X5 pattern on a Mopar but you should have 5X4 1/2 & a factory 16' truck wheel won't clear the calipers in the front as they were designed for drum brakes on a 56-71 Dodge trucks
We had a 75 D 100 that came with 16 inch wheels but they were 16x6 and had tubes in them.

I'm not understanding this evidently. He has 15's now. Why would 16's not clear the caliper?

As for the op's question. No, as dodge addict said. All the oe 16" wheels are either 5x5.5" or 8x6.5" bolt pattern. You will have to buy aftermarket wheels to do what you plan. You can get wheels relatively cheap. About $375 for a set of wagon wheels. Jeep wheels on the other hand may in fact do what you want as the 16" jeep Cherokee wheels still had the 5x4.5" Bp to the best of my knowledge.

The only 16" factory truck wheels were for Sweptline style trucks with drum brakes These were made for DRUMS not to clear a caliper It has to do with the backside of the rim not the diameter

The only 16" factory truck wheels were for Sweptline style trucks with drum brakes These were made for DRUMS not to clear a caliper It has to do with the backside of the rim not the diameter
oh oh oh! Ok I get what your saying now. My brain isn't working right today oabviously lol

Back