• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

I picked up some 100 year old boards at an auction a few years ago and joined two pieces together, It is for the back deck, My wife wants it inside but no way it is on the deck in the summer! Need some where to put the beer while out there!

Got to watch the Nascar race out in the shop while Bob watched our son remove his tired motor and today installing a less radical motor and stock convertor. Hope everyone is having a safe and good weekend and decent weather.

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_5364.jpg

IMG_8254.jpg

IMG_9282x.jpg

IMG_9064.jpg

IMG_8119.jpg

Yesterday I enjoyed the weather while moving my truck around and finally getting the Medalist over to the house for repairs.

IMAG3768.jpg

20160530_1442591.jpg

My sexy mug.

IMAG3773.jpg

After forgetting the keys for the Merc and the truck and having to replace a few pieces on the 318's carb, the truck fired right up! The brakes are very tight, but it moves. Ran gas from a water bottle so I only drove it a block and back into hiding. It felt good though, I need to get it going!

IMAG3774.jpg

The Medalist fired up like it always has, grumpy, but it kept going with a little ether, and took over itself quickly.

IMAG3775.jpg

Tucked back in tight to the wall.

IMAG3776.jpg

We started heading out of town and was going well until we got out of town. It would start with ether and die. No gas, whatever crap was the line finally plugged it up. Towed it with the chain I had and made it home with no issues. Ordered a carb kit for the Medalist today and it should be moving under its own power again.

It looks really cool the way it is with the Fire dept emblems on it. How is the body? Looks pretty good in the pics.
He said to get it running and drive it like it is, so you're not the only one who thinks that. The body is pretty good, little dings and dents around the truck, but nothing major. It was a brush truck with a tank in back, so it went through the woods a couple times. I haven't gone over it with a fine tooth comb but it will need new wood in the box and a tailgate which I already have a replacement.

IMAG3269.jpg

It will be hard to take the graphics off the truck, but it needs a paint job, they just taped it half assed and got overspray on the windows, and I doubt they sanded the Air Force Blue underneath. I have to fix the brakes, and drop in a 440 before the lift goes in, so maybe I'll roll around as a fire truck for a little while.

You need to take lots of pics! What are you and Bob taking to the show?
Looks like we might miss this one, the weather is going to be to hot and Bob has projects that need finishing, the last few we have gone to have had the same cars and the swap meet part has gotten very small.

Cj3R-HBUoAEwQgc.jpg

Looks like we might miss this one, the weather is going to be to hot and Bob has projects that need finishing, the last few we have gone to have had the same cars and the swap meet part has gotten very small.
Gotta have priorities. How's Bob at deck building? I'll supply the beer!
You kids have a car show every day in your garage, who needs to go anywhere, right?

Ordered a carb kit for the Medalist
Everyone listed a Holley, the carb is old and in thought sure, why not? Nope, has boosters like a Carter, and the top comes off like one, lets try one for a Carter. Nope, it's not an AFB, I know that cause that's what I run. Let's see, here's some carb cleaner (spray, spray) what the? GM? 4 jet? Laura's dad was a farmer, and what do they do best? Make due with what is at hand. Somewhere along the line a GM 4 Jet was put on to keep the Merc going. What did I do about it? Ordered up the kit for the Rochester 4 Jet! Keeping the car as it has always been to Laura. Why change it now, just make it drivable. It will be in before I go to work and I'll rebuild it tomorrow, and drive it into the garage.

Back