• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Bench Racing 101

Past couple of days , all I've been seeing on TV is car guy stuff like a few of the fast & Furious movies , gone in 60 seconds , Hollywood Nights , Street Outlaws reruns and commercial's for the new Street Outlaws starting this Monday . "Man" am I getting spring fever !

Ah spring fever! Affecting me also got the trans in the Dart and started it first crank! Still have the exhaust and driveshaft loop to put on then can take it out for a ride!

Oh man , I've got it bad . I am soooo done with this winter and can't wait till it's a steady 60 degrees outside and I'm swinging by the airport for some fuel for Lucifer . Glad to hear you got the transmission in . Hopefully you'll time it right for the test ride and good weather . I've been pecking away at the Warlock and doing some of the smaller stuff , so that I don't have to worry about it when it's time to come out . I just finished installing a vacuum canister today for the power brakes . With the cam I'm running , It was a question last year when I stepped on the brakes , whether I was going to have a nice brake peddle and have it stop or a rock hard peddle and hope for the best . By doing this , now I shouldn't have to change my pants the next time some clown texting and driving cuts me off and I have to use them . lol

Had the same thing on the dart first a can, but had to go with a pup in the end then found out about the hydrostatic brakes! Oh well. Took it up the block yesterday ran great! What a difference a worked a/t does!

Had the same thing on the dart first a can, but had to go with a pup in the end then found out about the hydrostatic brakes! Oh well. Took it up the block yesterday ran great! What a difference a worked a/t does!
Wow , that was quick . I thought you still had to install the drive shaft loop and a exhaust ? So how'd she shift ? Nice , nice ?

I need to do something else with the loop, thinking about one of the ones that mount on the crossmember. The exhaust was just a re hook up so it was easy. Shifting was wow!

That's great !There's nothing like an nice firm shifting transmission .

That's great !There's nothing like an nice firm shifting transmission .

I need to do something else with the loop, thinking about one of the ones that mount on the crossmember.
What were you doing for the old loop? I guess I've only paid enough attention to the crossmember mounted one's before.

One of the universal ones hangs to low for me though. Took it out. Thinking od a pipe loop around 5" and make it fit in the tunnel much better. Really want it hidden if possible.

One of the universal ones hangs to low for me though. Took it out. Thinking od a pipe loop around 5" and make it fit in the tunnel much better. Really want it hidden if possible.
I think I know the loop your talking about . If I remember right it comes in four pieces and you can bolt it to the floor . I would think , If you had torch's and you got some flat stock you'd be able to fab one up that would fit inside your tunnel and be tucked up enough to be totally up and out of site . Just a thought .

Ok, how does a pasanger fit in there, (I wouldn't)? And how do you see at night with many different lights?
After a couple of beers and one smoke show , who cares ? lol

Hops, you need a giant megaphone and a roof rack, and a copilot who talks like Howard Cosell, just like in the movie Better Off Dead!

I couldn't quite make them out in the picture Hop's . What are they , your standard Temp , Amp , and oil ?

Back