• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Need help to find info on 82 Ram 150

docdodge

DocDodge440
Reaction score
Ok, heres the story. I saw this old ram at the back of a well used car lot. It was a dark mustard orange. So I ask the price and for a set of keys. On the test run, the trans. started to fail. Ok, now we have major price drop. I knew a trans. for a 6cl wound not hurt the wallet too bad, so I did my best deal, and towed it home. This was in northern Indiana. I did not see too many step side Dodges, and had planed to make a red express clone. There was a Texas inspection sticker on the windsheild and the truck was rust free. Rare for a salt state On to the problem. The local Dodge dealer ran a vin. check for me and said something was wrong. The truck had a weird ser, number. The tag looks authentic and not tampered with. Problem#1. Oh yah Im sorry, I was trying to match the paint. So I "truck" on down to my local paint store, he gets his books out, and no factory color was even close. So he says" look under the hood, the real color will be there. So I pop the hood, same color. So I take up the floor mat, (rubber) ,yup.. same color. I had been under the truck and it was the same. There are no signs of a repaint. Even behind the dash. On the side is a 3 color stripe that flows from the front to just behind the door, with the word wizard. I still want to make a 440 clone, but I dont want to ruin the truck if there is any thing special about this one. Does ANYBODY know anything about the wizard kit??? How many??? whats up with that color?? I still dont like it. There are no..and I mean no extras on this truck except the auto and p/s. I thought a bit odd a Texas truck with no air. The paint code tag is not there or I would have solved this problem long ago. please help find my trucks family.

What year is the truck? 1977-78-79.........slant six/ automatic/ power steering/ utiline..........some pics?...............

Google "Omaha Orange" Also, we need some pictures please! This might have been a reader truck for one of the utilities down in Texas. They would have been painted at the factory in the utility company's colors. Look under the carpet or under the seat springs for a build sheet. Remember.....pictures please.

61011.jpg

Agreed...How about posting a pix. Also google vin check where some sites have an open check and you wont have to pay for it.

Ok, Im on it, I took pics but cant seem to get them over to the site. I gotta get a digital camera or If any body wants I can send from my phone.

Man, what a frikkin deal!! Had to send pics to my email, open file in my pics, email to my computer, my pics and upload to here!! If its a dealer option, its a good one. The stripes are clear, the orange still orange, and stuck on there reeealy good. the sun hasent even began to peal them yet. It may even be paint. As close as I can guess the origonal color is close to "street hemi orange" the stripe is close to the "race hemi red'. Really dont think its 'Omaha orange"

That is a very cool truck! I agree that it's probably not Omaha orange.Never seen mention of the "wizard" thing...very interesting.Maybe a dealer thing?

Nice find........personnaly, I'll restored it instead of LilRed it........very well done kit, not overdone.....interesting to know the history......

Thanks, The more I dig into the more puzzled I get. I do like the economy of the 6, but would like a bit more kick to get out on I10. The speed limits out here are 75mph and if you dont run 80mph you go tutttrle up.I Pulled the old 6 out long ago , wait... I saved it. I switched the trany way back when for a lock up unit. I bought the buckets and buddy from a "sno fighter" that had rusted off its frame.I had thought about doing a white int., with srteet hemi orange, Kinda like that sherbert look? I had some pics of it in "better days" with the americans and 255x 65. Try to find it. Got almost all of a under dash air system. It gets reeeeel hot here. Still havent had anybody say "yah I saw one or yah i had one". I saw on your avatar a van, Ill try to tell you a story about one of them when time permits. REEELY pissed of the Chrysler corp. They even pulled off all badges and vin tag..

Back