• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

My New project

Sgmwhite1

Reaction score
Good Mornin, I just starting a new project, a 1959 D100. I’m looking for all the tips and tricks I can get, to include parts. Was thinking restoration, but depends on parts, it may become a restomod.

IMG_0173.jpeg

IMG_0172.jpeg

IMG_0171.jpeg

IMG_0170.jpeg

IMG_0169.jpeg

Welcome aboard. Nice find. There are definitely people on here who can help with parts & info. Good Luck!

Gonna keep body as original as I can…engine,brakes, and suspension will be the challenge…need a hood latch and radiator cross member or suitable sub… any sugestions

Welcome, nice truck, advice........if there was one peice of advise I wish I had taken many years ago when I started my 56 Dodge was to scrap all the original drive train and frame and put it on a later modle to get EVERYTHING you need, I tried unsuccessfully over the years to work with what it came with , many years later I set the body on a 81 dodge truck frame. It worked BUT, put it on a Dakota 2wd frame it's narrower and fits better. You will have all the benefits of a modern truck with old truck look. Good luck, have fun!

welcome , i hear you on these trucks . i've got a couple 60's . i did a hotrod build on one that was only tobe used and castoff parts from for sale ads and swap meets . here is what i've got so far . and now a 6 71 blower setup . again i build to use these cast off parts , so everything becomes a custom made piece , even my headers were just a pile of 60 deg bends , scrap from a tubing bender vender i know . so a motorhome 440 rb will fit the build nicely . or a fresh long rod 440 rb , i've got some used parts just not enough yet , working on it . lol . after all this is just a hotrod driver shop truck .

DSC04068.JPG

DSC03260.JPG

DSC03261.JPG

DSC03264.JPG

DSC03265.JPG

DSC03784.JPG

DSC03458.JPG

DSC03770.JPG

DSC03771.JPG

DSC03773.JPG

going with that blower will be these 15x15 rims we made years ago . then bring the rear of the pu down , did some trading and got some narrow rear axles , and now a complete rear suspension change , coil overs and a four bar setup .

DSC03770.JPG

DSC03771.JPG

DSC03776.JPG

DSC03970.JPG

DSC03967.JPG

DSC00007.JPG

Back