• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

LvC testing

FDR

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm just starting this thread for any LvC members interested in trying out this site's software, but not necessarily trucks, to comment on it's UI and performance. I figured I'd start a thread to keep all the migrant posters collected. Joeychgo asked us to check out posting, uploading, and viewing features before LincolnvsCadillac changes over to this software

Frank

Hello everyone, I'm just starting this thread for any LvC members interested in trying out this site's software, but not necessarily trucks, to comment on it's UI and performance. I figured I'd start a thread to keep all the migrant posters collected. Joeychgo asked us to check out posting, uploading, and viewing features before LincolnvsCadillac changes over to this software

Frank

Well i will do all I can to see if i like the new software before LVC uses it.

Well i will do all I can to see if i like the new software before LVC uses it.
10698463_10152656474663030_4238395121232029862_n.jpg

Almost a truck

P1020777.JPG

And here's a few of our "international" road trip destinations within the north eastern US

P1020776.JPG P1020786.JPG P1020789.JPG

With a sign like this at the Magic Hat brewery in Burlington VT, how can you argue?

P1020949.JPG

P1020777.JPG

P1020776.JPG

P1020786.JPG

P1020789.JPG

P1020949.JPG

So what does this site's XenForo software offer that's better than LvC's current vBulletin? LvC doesn't openly list vB's version number, but HID Planet uses, presumably newer, version 4.2.2 which functions nearly the same as LvC and FTO (here). The only difference I see is LvC doesn't put pictures in-text when writing response, but just [attachment]99341298904[/attachment] in the text box which is obviously harder to work with when explaining pictures. HIDP has vB and puts pictures in the text box though, so where's the advantage of switching software instead of upgrading/updating? That also goes for text modifiers. LvC has [ i]text[/ i], whereas FTO and HIDP modify the text like writing in Word.

JaguarForums uses vBulletin 3.8.7 AC2 which also has immediate text modification and actual image insertion. JF has the nicest image uploader in my opinion. It lets you upload multiple images, then rearrange them before dropping them into the text box.

Other than thinking it's unnecessary, I don't see a problem changing software. Both products function very similarly. There are a few differences in navigation, but it looks like it's just a matter of relearning how to get somewhere.

PB028165.JPG

Other than thinking it's unnecessary, I don't see a problem changing software. Both products function very similarly. There are a few differences in navigation, but it looks like it's just a matter of relearning how to get somewhere.

Its very necessary. Our current software is not being developed for or updated. Its only a matter of time before something with our current software breaks and cant be fixed. Instead of waiting for that and then scrambling to do something, its better to plan out the transition and move deliberately, which is what I'm doing.

Its very necessary. Our current software is not being developed for or updated. Its only a matter of time before something with our current software breaks and cant be fixed. Instead of waiting for that and then scrambling to do something, its better to plan out the transition and move deliberately, which is what I'm doing.

Sounds like the story of the LS...

Alright, I guess that's a good reason haha. I guess I should be expecting updates to come to my other forums.

How will the current archive of posts migrate to the new software?

Ok, so whats that feedback? :)

With the new version, as someone had posted earlier, posting photos would be easier with the new system...I would assume LVC would be faster uploading than with the current version? I'm cool with that. Sometimes it takes a little time to navigate through the site.

Just helping Chicago test this sight - looks good to me - If my avatar shows up this is a pic of my old 76 ford F150 I put a 73 lincoln 460 in - granny lo 4 speed - was bad to the bone - heck I'll try to post it - that's my boy Josh long ago - somewhere around 1980
my 76.jpg

Back