• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Looking for camshaft

rusty

Reaction score
I have a 77 dodge van chassis motorhome,rebuilding the 360 and need a good cam that will work with stock compression.I have a summit 6900 that came with the van but it is stamped e937p which is an Elgin cam.Elgins site says needs high comp,Summits sight doesn't really say.Suggestions appreciated,Todd

I would check the pistons and actual compression ratio before selecting a cam. Anyway you will need something with all the low end and mid range torque you can get. While still tying to match the peck some where in average road rpm range.

7Mopar gave you some good advice . Your going to want a cam with a good bottom end and mid range . Rusty , To get a better answer to your question you should list better speck's on what you have other then just a part number . Off the top of my head with what you did give us for information , I'd be thinking something like what came in a stock 340 , an RV cam , or maybe just a little bigger . But not much bigger . Also , I believe the 77 360's had something like 8.5 / 1 compression . That's "if" everything is bone stock . You might also check into valve springs as well depending on what cam you end up with .

This is the cam combo that I used in my 77 M880 w/ 318. It works great in the bottom end as well as the mid range. Comp Cams K20-416-3 Dual Energy Camshaft Kit the kit was around 350 but came with everything.

Hi all,yes all good advice! The block is standard bore,pistons stock 8.5's,heads are 596 castings getting a bowl blend and gasket match,Edelbrock Performer intake and carb,will have dual exhaust or headers,I haven't decided on that yet either.Right now I am leaning toward Comp Cams XE262H

Back