• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

GEM Module

turbo15479

Reaction score
I did not see a forum for module issues so I will post this here. I have a 1999 Ford ranger XL 4x4 with 3.0 engine. I know the GEM module is the problem ( windshield wipers cut out ) so I started hunting U Pull It yards and found three with my exact same number and made in the same year. I am talking about the Gem Module. Mine is an XL5T-14B205-EC made on May 1999. Two were pulled from trucks that were junked because they were wrecked. I have tried all three modules and they fixed the wiper problem but now at 10 mph the speedometer is maxed out so of course shifting and engine management is not good. These three modules were all built in 1999. I feel as though these modules are probably all good as everything but the speedometer works with each of them. Now being this is a 1999 most 4 wheel drives had 4WABS but mine is RABS. This should not matter as 1998 to 2000 the GEM Module and not the ABS module handles the VSS signal. I am not sure if the trucks I took them off had 4WABS or RABS but again I believe this should not matter. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Back