• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dads ol dodge

I was going to say having a few sips of rum is what keeps me on track but you guys beat me to it even if it isn't rum haha! ,

I was going to say having a few sips of rum is what keeps me on track but you guys beat me to it even if it isn't rum haha! ,
Rum & coke don't sound bad either . Oh great now I'm getting thirsty ! lol

Finished stripping the block, ready to get honed and cleaned. The water jackets were a mess, holes rusted all the way threw the frost plugs where the build up of crap behind them was the only thing allowing the motor to even hold water.

20151030_193758.jpg

20151031_213442.jpg

A few pictures after removing all of the rot.

20151030_225737.jpg

20151030_225742.jpg

20151030_225752.jpg

The repairs to the rear support, this is all I had time for today.

20151101_001217.jpg

20151101_005044.jpg

20151101_014222.jpg

Weather was pretty nice so I tried to put some more miles on the Charger seeing how winter is coming so less time for the truck!

Yuk ! That motor had some build up all right ! You "are" going to send it out and have it tanked , Right ? Good job on those supports ! I can understand taking some time out for the Charger , there isn't to many good days left before the white stuff comes . I did the same thing the other day myself . I took the Warlock out for a lil blast . The funny thing though is I came across a local Mustang that "think's" he's fast . Let's just say , the way I pulled on him , it looked like he had thrown an anchor out the window ! lol I don't think he'll be trying that again . lol

Will not have any problem getting help, if they pass the background check! Hard to get kids in the spring with the hops it is a little intense for just me.

Hey just an idea for you with the freeze plugs. I used to weld a nut on one that is accessible and put a drain cock in it to drain it every year or so, worked great.

Yuk ! That motor had some build up all right ! You "are" going to send it out and have it tanked , Right ? Good job on those supports ! I can understand taking some time out for the Charger , there isn't to many good days left before the white stuff comes . I did the same thing the other day myself . I took the Warlock out for a lil blast . The funny thing though is I came across a local Mustang that "think's" he's fast . Let's just say , the way I pulled on him , it looked like he had thrown an anchor out the window ! lol I don't think he'll be trying that again . lol

Yep, believe it or not I threw the block, heads and crank in the carpeted trunk of the Charger and hauled it down...... allot more fun to drive then the Dakota! I did throw down a tarp though and no harm done.

Back