• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Any Lil Red owners have these stripes?

LocuMob

Fluid Technician
Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you Lil Red Express owners have or had these stripes on their truck:

20160727_163039249.jpg

From the interwebs:
20160727_163107991.jpg

My friend has them on his truck, but we have never seen them on another truck, at least in person. This is his truck:

20160727_181415798.jpg

20160727_181510296.jpg

20160727_181541266.jpg

Now, other than the otherwise incorrect fender vents and Cadillac key guards, everything on the truck looks factory. It does have a sunroof we think was added, and a 150 mph Speedo in it. With the bed rails it looks like a previous owner tried to combine a Warlock and the Lil Red, which is why we originally thought the stripes were wrong. But the truck doesn't have the squiggly script above the wheel wells. Anywho, just wondering how many of these truck got this stripe treatment.

Those are the factory stripes for the lil red Mob . The 79 we had had them and I knew the original owner of that truck and they were on it the day he picked it up from the dealership .

This brings up an interesting question . How many of those lil Reds you see out there today are "real" lil Reds ? For such a rare truck , I sure do see a few of them out there for sale .

They made 7,300 of them, so they are around. I know a lot of them got used hard but plenty lived a much more pampered life.

That was a '79 year only stripe deal if I'm not mistaken! I myself like the '78 version better where it only "eye brows" the wheel openings, with a dual golden stripe.....

These stripes pictured more closely resembles that of the Warlock stripping.....

I have seen and looked at a lot of Lil reds and haven't seen those before but they would look pretty nice and I know of a lot of survivor trucks but have never seen them cool though

Those are the factory stripes for the lil red Mob . The 79 we had had them and I knew the original owner of that truck and they were on it the day he picked it up from the dealership .
Do you have any pictures of that truck?

That was a '79 year only stripe deal if I'm not mistaken! I myself like the '78 version better where it only "eye brows" the wheel openings, with a dual golden stripe.....

These stripes pictured more closely resembles that of the Warlock stripping.....
I've only seen the eyebrow stripes myself.

Yes they do look like Warlock stripes.

-Just a thought, could you not order the Warlock in any color you wanted and have the stripes to go with it? THEN someone went and added the "Li'l Red Express Truck" emblem on the door of an old existing Warlock?

Because I myself have NOT seen the Li'l Red with stripes like this, I myself got to thinking about my last posting, and no, I only recall EVER seeing or hearing about Li'l Red's to have the Eye Brow stripping over both front & back wheel openings in the genders and the rest that go with it, the stripping pictured here is Warlock style....

It is a Lil Red Express truck. We made sure before my friend bought it. The Warlock style bed rails add to the confusion.

Sure is an odd one then! Maybe the other way around? The Liu'l Red was bought and the guy added the Warlock style stripes himself?

It's an unrestoree truck with the E58 360 and A727 sitting in the corner of his garage. Has all the correct options for a Lil Red Express. The stripes don't appear to be any newer than the door decals.

Last edited:
-Thats down-right interesting.............. I just never seen those stripes on a Li'l Red before BUT have seen those stripes on a Warlock..... makes me wonder WTF you know?

Ma Mopar back then LOVED to so mess with us huh?

FWIW, my son and I owned many Warlock (when nobody want them) so when it become available I bought that little book from Galen Govier.

As you know, YH6 is the sale code for the Lil' Red but it didn't gave the code number for each options. It just say: ''Gold accent tape stripes for front and rear wheel openings''

Warlock sale code is GK9601 for 1978 and GK9602 for 1979 and it says: ''Special Exterior and Interior Tape Stripe Package''.

In 1978, the Lil'Red were built in Canada: 2,188 for USA with 360 cu.in.
2 for Canada with 440 cu.in.

In 1979, all 5,295 Lil'Red were built in the USA with 360 cu.in.

Needless to say we search hi and low to find one of these two 440 Lil'Red, but with no success!!!

Serial # D13BD8J 504891 and 504894

Lil'Red-01.jpg
Lil'Red-02.jpg

Lil'Red-06.jpg
Lil'Red-07.jpg
Lil'Red-08.jpg
Lil'Red-09.jpg

FWIW, my son and I owned many Warlock (when nobody want them) so when it become available I bought that little book from Galen Govier.
Does that book have any info on regular production numbers of earlier "plain" trucks or just the higher performance and sportier packages?

Will scan and post the 1961-1980 light truck production figures of popular models include in the book.

Back