• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

57 Sweptline box side sheet metal

krazykuda

Reaction score
Hi guys, my brother came across a guy who is trying to fix a 57 Dodge sweptline and needs some box side sheet metal. Does anybody know where the parts would be available either good used or repro?

Thanks

I tried the sweptline site. Nothing found before 61. Can pictures of what he has be posted someone may have some idea and to what maybe substituted.

I tried the sweptline site. Nothing found before 61. Can pictures of what he has be posted someone may have some idea and to what maybe substituted.

That's a good idea . I can't quite remember what some of the difference's are for a 57 . If you could post a few pictures then maybe some of us can help find the parts you need .

If it helps . 1956 threw 1960 are the same bed .

I finally googled for pictures. Can honestly say I have never seen one of these ever. The sweptline site claims these did not come into existence till 1959. Good luck with the search.

57 to 59 Sweptside trucks

I finally googled for pictures. Can honestly say I have never seen one of these ever. The sweptline site claims these did not come into existence till 1959. Good luck with the search.

It might seem like nite picking but if you use the term sweptside in your search you will find more information. the sides were taken off station wagons but other than 57 I don't know what years interchange for sure.

Oh sorry , I was thinking utiline ( step side ) for some reason . You said sweptside too . I can pretty much guarantee that you won't find anything re-pop for it but I'll try and do some checking to see what might be around for used . What are you looking for , just the sides ( or quarters ) ? Pictures of what you got might still help .

It might seem like nite picking but if you use the term sweptside in your search you will find more information. the sides were taken off station wagons but other than 57 I don't know what years interchange for sure.

Do you have any idea as to what model? Would emagine it would to Dodge.

So now we are getting some where 1957 Dodge DeSota wagon panels. Will he need the whole panel?

again this is just a guess but I'm thinking it would probably need to be a 2 door wagon so get the correct lenght if you're doing the whole panel if your doing patches a 4 door wagon panel would probably be enough.

i have been looking for the 57 plymouth savoy station wagon rear quarters. from what i have seen they will work

Back