• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1979 Dodge Warlock

It was at the State Fairgrounds. It was put on by some Buick club and was like the 29th annual show. The swap meet was huge, but it was like everyone cleaned all the crap out of their garages. It was more a flea market than car parts. I did find a nice 8 track player for my Ramcharger. The show was only 3-400 cars, but they were all nice cars. And it was a nice day for it.

It was at the State Fairgrounds. It was put on by some Buick club and was like the 29th annual show. The swap meet was huge, but it was like everyone cleaned all the crap out of their garages. It was more a flea market than car parts. I did find a nice 8 track player for my Ramcharger. The show was only 3-400 cars, but they were all nice cars. And it was a nice day for it.
That's what show I thought it was, couldn't remember how early it was. 3-400 cars is a good count for early spring in MN. I haven't been to that show since the first year after they got rid of the track. Was always a good one.

Are you and your brother going to be at Farmington in June?

If I can fix my transmission fluid leak, yes. I may have to drive the Ramcharger. Either way, we will both be there. Spectator or driver, I don't miss Mopars in the Park.

My brother just lowered his quite a bit. 3" in front and 6" in the rear. Got out to the first car show last Sunday.
Tell him it looks good sitting down low like that . What did he do , spindles in the front and an axle flip in the rear ?

Sorry guy's , Going to have to wait for any good pictures of the tires . It's "still" raining here so this is the best I could do for now .
IMG_4752.JPG
IMG_4750.JPG

He bought control arms off a van. They are the same except the springs sit in a depression and that lowers the front. Then he did an axle flip in the back.

He bought control arms off a van. They are the same except the springs sit in a depression and that lowers the front. Then he did an axle flip in the back.
Thanks , I forgot about the van and the 3/4 ton lower control arm method .

He isn't happy with the ball joint angle, and he did have to change tire size in the front to get them to fit, but all in all it looks great. We pressed the control arm bushings in and out and that was a colossal pain in the ass, even with a press. He bought billet sleeves and still uses screw in ball joints.

He isn't happy with the ball joint angle, and he did have to change tire size in the front to get them to fit, but all in all it looks great. We pressed the control arm bushings in and out and that was a colossal pain in the ass, even with a press. He bought billet sleeves and still uses screw in ball joints.
Yeah , They can be a pain in the butt . Later when I get bored with the way mine sits , I plan on dropping mine a little . But I'll be going the spindle rout myself .

I was thinking ( I know , OH , OH ! LOL ) . Remember way back when , when everybody was putting headlight covers on there rides ? Well my wife dug these out . They were on the lil red we had . What do you guy's think ? I'd use these as template's and fab up a fresh set of course .
IMG_4754.JPG

Looks pretty damn nice, actually. Blends in nicely with the black paint. Make some up, you'll be sending at least 2 pairs to Minnesota!

I'm actually about to start on the intake on the Ramcharger in a few minutes. I wasn't going to fix it since the 440 will be going in this summer, but I need it to help my daughter move in a few weeks and it's leaking oil enough to be an environmental hazard. Might drive it to Mopars in the Park.

I'm actually about to start on the intake on the Ramcharger in a few minutes. I wasn't going to fix it since the 440 will be going in this summer, but I need it to help my daughter move in a few weeks and it's leaking oil enough to be an environmental hazard. Might drive it to Mopars in the Park.
Let me guess . The rear intake gasket to the block ?

Looks pretty damn nice, actually. Blends in nicely with the black paint. Make some up, you'll be sending at least 2 pairs to Minnesota!
So I'm guessing this means it's a yes on the headlight covers , you guy's like them ? lol What are you thinking Mob , for your 74 ?

Back