• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Wiper Bushing Wiped Out!

65 Dartman

Reaction score
After 183,000 miles and who knows how many times the wipers have been used, the wiper bushing on our 93 Dakota Sport we bought new basically disintegrated when my wife was driving in the rain - Uh Oh! Hardest part of the fix was of course removing the cowl grille. Should be good to go for another 18 years!

After 183,000 miles and who knows how many times the wipers have been used, the wiper bushing on our 93 Dakota Sport we bought new basically disintegrated when my wife was driving in the rain - Uh Oh! Hardest part of the fix was of course removing the cowl grille. Should be good to go for another 18 years!
Can't complain about that....looks like it did it's job...is it the same ole plastic one Mopar has been using for years?

Yep same oh same oh. Got 2 of them in the blister pack with a bunch of other ones from Advance so got a spare for that 18th year down the road. Yes I tend to hold on to our vehicles for awhile. Still got the 65 Dart GT 'vert I bought used in Mar 84.

Yep same oh same oh. Got 2 of them in the blister pack with a bunch of other ones from Advance so got a spare for that 18th year down the road. Yes I tend to hold on to our vehicles for awhile. Still got the 65 Dart GT 'vert I bought used in Mar 84.
Good deal and take care of that good looking women standing next to you...Eric

There's 3 bushings in all and the two that go to the wiper pivots are the same as the ones Mopar has been using on many other models but the one that goes on the motor is different. I just did mine and had to modify the motor arm bushing to fit and work. PITA. Removing the cowl is easier imo. Couldn't find one that fit so I bought the 'large' help package that comes with an assortment of bushings. It had the two for the pivots but nothing that was right for the motor....dang it. I'm sure it's available from the dealer but for 5 times the cost....

Back