• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Who Here Owns This Ramcharger ?

Power Wagon 440X4

Reaction score
I saw this truck here awhile back and asked about the hood.
I would like to know where he got it,
or anyone who has info on where to find one.

The Dodge Truck hoods offered by AAR,
have a scoop setup like the Cuda/Challenger.
I like this design better.

Dodge%20Hood_zpshfou6goh.jpg

I'm replying as thats some hood!!!! -I'd like to see more of that particular Ramcharger to see what it looks like from the front!

BUT if no one has any idea on this one....... it could be something "Custom" too... and by the looks of it,. if it is custom, it was done VERY well!

I was thinking maybe custom too.
and yes they did a fine job if it is.

This is whats available from AAR.
Truck%20Scoops_zpsdaplwayd.jpg

73/74 Road Runner, and it does look good. I like that little reds hood also.

Yeah I bet that is custom as it does look like a '73 to '74 Roadrunner hood scoop! BUT then again, I also like the Little Red Express hood too, ALTHO, that grille in that truck signifies a '77 or '78, and that hood is from either a '79 or '80 (I don't think '81's used that same hood "shape") -I could be wrong, but that isn't a '77 or '78 hood That I do know! Altho they'll interchange!

Yeah I bet that is custom as it does look like a '73 to '74 Roadrunner hood scoop! BUT then again, I also like the Little Red Express hood too, ALTHO, that grille in that truck signifies a '77 or '78, and that hood is from either a '79 or '80 (I don't think '81's used that same hood "shape") -I could be wrong, but that isn't a '77 or '78 hood That I do know! Altho they'll interchange!

You can swap a later ('79-'93) hood onto an earlier ('72-'78) body, but IIRC you need to use the later style cowl/wiper panel as well.

US Body Source also offers an R/T style truck hood like the one in post #3.

I saw this truck here awhile back and asked about the hood.
I would like to know where he got it,
or anyone who has info on where to find one.

The Dodge Truck hoods offered by AAR,
have a scoop setup like the Cuda/Challenger.
I like this design better.

Dodge%20Hood_zpshfou6goh.jpg
I'm pretty sure that's Mike's Ramcharger . I think his user name is memike or something like that . He's a really good guy . Try looking in the "show us your dodge trucks " thread . I'm sure there would be a picture of it in there .

Bears right!!!! Thats MeMike's Ramcharger!!!!! See:

Dig'in these trucks, I will have this one running soon I hope.
85 Dodge ramcharger I am so proud to have, Just need to put my engine in it, My son has been so busy with the new released CD and all and it has been put on the back burner for another month.

And the hood that A friend and I built about 12 years ago and has been on 3 of my trucks but has never been on a ramcharger yet.

I can't wait to see it on it

I also copy & pasted the pics here for ya!

truck-20hood-20roadrunner-20003-jpg.146

truck-20hood-20roadrunner-20002-jpg.147

Mike and a friend made that hood, (I KNEW that was custom, I KNEW IT!) They did a damn fine job of it too..... If you go to the "Show Us Your Dodge Trucks" thread, posting #33, is thee post on that hood! -And Mikes trucks!

Ok Thanks guys.
I was sure hoping someone out there was making that style in fiberglass.
They did do an Excellent job!

That does look good I saw a guy that grafted that 73-74 roadrunner style scoop into a Chevy hood even it's not that bad to do you just have to be really patient and take your time welding it so you minimize warpage because hood do not like much body filler

really nice hood great on a truck a little agressive look love it. is fiberglass made?

-I don't belive thats fiberglass, I think thats actual steel, (I could be wrong) but. I believe those '73 -'74 Roadrunners all had sheet metal hoods and scoops!

AAR and or US Body Source needs to use a hood like his for a template and make them in fiberglass.

I would buy one.
All that is out there is the one I posted on the LRE.

AAR and or US Body Source needs to use a hood like his for a template and make them in fiberglass.

I would buy one.
All that is out there is the one I posted on the LRE.

You think that they need to make that hood for the 70's pick-ups, Let me tell ya, I'd like to see more options for the mid to late 60's trucks.... (I have a '67) and wouldn't mind seeing something other then single hood scoops, or even the dual "fresh air" Ramcharger they made for the '70 Coronets..... Thats all I've seen that I myself like (I think they make others) but I'm not impressed by the rest or the looks they give the trucks....

This one here, that you guys brought to the top of the list, well I LIKE that one! Its not "obnoxious" looking, and not a "race car" bug catcher either..... its low and menacing! And on a truck? thats how it should be! Can you imagine a Shaker pokin' through the hood of say a late '79 and newer Dodge truck? (I'd even try that one on ANY of the Dodge trucks), if the hood could be done right to look right, with its own factory contours.....

memike, has some damn fine taste in "looks" as that hood was done right, and very well, and looks just as good too!

I like the 70 Coronet scoops also, they would look great on a Truck.
I am not a fan of big scoops either.
Low profile all the way.
70 Bee Hood.jpg

PW 440x4, whats the name oif that hood type/scoop on the '70 Coronet? Isn't that whats knows as the pitchfork hood for that car?

My all time FAVORITE car goes to the '70 Coronet,. ANY of them even the wagons!

I don't know what they called it, Pitchfork sounds like a good name for it.
My favorite Coronet was the 65 2 door post car I had.
426 wedge 4 speed 8.75 sure grip.
and the 69 Super Bee and 69 Coronet R/T,
which I have owned several of back in the day when you could hardly give them away.
The 69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed was another of my all time favorites.
This is a pic of the type of 65 I had.
65 Coronet Coupe2.jpg
65 Coronet Coupe3.jpg
65 Coronet Coupe.jpg

You think that they need to make that hood for the 70's pick-ups, Let me tell ya, I'd like to see more options for the mid to late 60's trucks.... (I have a '67) and wouldn't mind seeing something other then single hood scoops, or even the dual "fresh air" Ramcharger they made for the '70 Coronets..... Thats all I've seen that I myself like (I think they make others) but I'm not impressed by the rest or the looks they give the trucks....

This one here, that you guys brought to the top of the list, well I LIKE that one! Its not "obnoxious" looking, and not a "race car" bug catcher either..... its low and menacing! And on a truck? thats how it should be! Can you imagine a Shaker pokin' through the hood of say a late '79 and newer Dodge truck? (I'd even try that one on ANY of the Dodge trucks), if the hood could be done right to look right, with its own factory contours.....

memike, has some damn fine taste in "looks" as that hood was done right, and very well, and looks just as good too!
The only issue you would have grafting a shaker hood scoop on one of our trucks and make it functional is the air box under it . It would have to be tall enough to go from the carb to the hood .

Back