• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

What to buy?!

JessicaCRose

Reaction score
Hello. I’m looking for advice.
I want to buy a 2020 truck. It needs to tow minimum 14,000 lbs. and be long bed. (We have a 5th wheel) I am considering Chevy 2500 or 3500 Silverado, GMC Sierra 2500, and Ford 350 super duty. (I will have built so I get the accessories I want and not the ones I don’t want).
What would you buy and why?
And go with factory spray in bed liner or do Linex?

Diesel all the way. Don't even consider a gas. Other wise any of the above 3500 or 350. I like the stability of four back tires.

I Agee with all of the above. My approach would be different, and that's what makes the world go round. If it is not a tool for business it's the worst investment anyone can make. I would make a list of my needs and wants. If it had more in it it wouldn't bother me. I would find a one or two year old slightly used one and get a feel for what the actual sell price would be and compare it to what an identically equipped new one would be. That will be an eye opener for you right there.
If you sit and spec it out exactly the way you want it that will turn into an emotional attachment that will make it much more expensive. If you view it as one of millions of trucks versus one built just for you it will help save rushing in, or getting buyer fatigue and just settling to get it over with. Just my $.02 and worth less than that. I wish you success either way

Back