• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Unplugging ABS module on 95 Dakota ?

Well, I'll answer my own question....YES, it does indeed. At least it's off for now. It wouldn't surprise me if it were to come back on after an hour of driving lol.

It wont. I drove a 94 for years after I put an 8 3/4 in and unplugged the ABS mod but just as youve noticed, you have no ABS now so be careful. They put ABS in the rear of pickups for a reason, if you lock up the brakes your truck will get very ass happy and want to take the lead. Not fun unless you are drifting on purpose..

Don't know how old you are but I'm heading towards 67 and grew up without ABS. Don't have to worry much about ice and snow here either but have had some experience with that mess too. Have never experienced ABS on ice and snow and have no idea how it acts in that environment. Personally, I'm not a fan of ABS. In fact, when the pedal starts pulsating, my first instinct says something ain't right and makes me want to left off the brake. It actually surprises me when it happens because I've never been one to hammer the brakes in an evasive maneuver knowing that locked brakes means no control so the ABS system rarely comes into play...and it quit working before I unplugged the module anyways :D.

Just another gimmick to help those that never learnt to drive to begin with. I am quite capible of pulsating the brake pedal on my own.

Just another gimmick to help those that never learnt to drive to begin with. I am quite capible of pulsating the brake pedal on my own.
I'm kinda glad that the newer kars have all these gimmicks for the ones that got their driver's license at ChinaMart.....because they need all the gimmicks they can get in order to keep from killing the ones that don't need them!

Back