• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Turbo S-10?

65 sporty

Reaction score
My friend and I were talking about different engines to swap into S-10's. His mother bought a Pontiac Solstice a few years back it's a GXP with a turbo 2.0l. I think it would be a interesting swap into a S-10 along with a manual trans. The engine is available as a crate engine but I think the way to go would be a wrecked car to pull the engine from along with computers, wiring and other parts.

Anyone else have some interesting ideas?

How about a Metro 3 cylinder as a replacement for my 360? Just kidding. I think the 2.0 turbo swap could be a good one. Does the fwd trans have the same bolt pattern? Engine mounts? Size shouldn't be an issue, maybe turbo location needs to be moved. I'd love to see this done and know what it takes to do. Find a wrecked car and get started!

The Solstice is RWD, the turbo 2.0 is now a option in the Camaro also.
upload_2016-10-26_7-7-27.png

upload_2016-10-26_7-8-29.png

That's what I would want to start with, it was really just a lot of what if..... But both my boy's are grown and close to leaving the house. The money is really all that's holding me back. My youngest is a motorhead also, if I could get him to put his money into this and I could just build it for him....

Shows how deep my head is buried in Moparland.

Have you compared engine compartments?
Which year S-10 are you thinking of using? If I was aroind I'd go for the boxy years, I think they lend themselves better to modding, from a perspective of never having done anything with them. How's that for an expert opinion? Regardless of year truck, I think it would be a cool way to get more power under the hood, and blow the doors off of unsuspecting fools.

As for "selling" your son on the build, just tell him how cool it will be for him to surprise a lot of more expensive cars with a sleeper truck!

Back